Staff Changes at the LPCBC Office – Position Available
Don McDonald has worked in the LPCBC Office as Executive Director since January 2011. He has taken the Party through the General Election and provided excellent leadership and support to Ridings as we rebuild. Don will be leaving us to accept a position with the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association. In order to assist the LPCBC with a smooth transition, Don will continue in his role on a half-time basis until conclusion of the Policy Conference at the end of November. I know you will join me and the rest of the Executive in thanking Don for all of his hard work on our behalf. The Job Posting for the Executive Director follows at the end of this email.
Executive Director – Job Posting
The Executive Director position reports directly to the President of the LPCBC. Applicants should have significant management and administrative experience, preferably in an Office Management capacity. The position requires an individual with strong communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and an unwavering commitment to customer service.
The successful applicant will be well-versed in financial and budget management and strategic planning. In addition, the incumbent should understand the party structure, the role of the party executive and the purpose of the office as a tool that serves the party. Specific duties include:
- Day-to-day management of the LPCBC Office
- Drafting yearly budgets for executive approval
- Assisting LPCBC in fundraising initiatives and events
- Assisting in the organization of biennial AGMs, Policy Conferences, FLC Meetings and the LPCBC Executive Meetings
- Planning and support for visiting caucus members
- Acting as signing authority and monitoring EDA spending for FLABC
- Monitoring the Elections Act and LPCBC Constitutional compliance for all BC EDAs
- Implementing and monitoring election readiness at both the provincial and EDA level
- Providing support for candidate identification and nomination process
- Hiring and directing staff and volunteers
- Ensuring the LPCBC Executive members are well-informed of critical issues
- Providing advice and support to ridings, candidates, and members
The successful candidate will have a track record of building relationships, a deep commitment to the Liberal Party of Canada, and the ability to deal with a myriad of constituents and stakeholders.
Applications for Executive Director will be received until October 31, 2012 and should be sent to Don McDonald at email@example.com.
Liberal Party of Canada in British Columbia