Provincial Youth Director and Outreach Worker
The Liberal Party of Canada in BC is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Provincial Youth Director & Outreach Worker. The successful applicant should have excellent communication skills and innovative ideas about young people and politics.
Duties for the position are:
· Support YLCBC fundraising initiatives in collaboration with the YLCBC VP Finance
· Support YLCBC’s major outreach events and initiatives to identify, reach out to, and engage potential new Liberal members and registered supporters
· Develop an plan and implementation strategy for the coordination of Liberal campus club recruitment in BC
· Assist with the organization of meetings of the YLCBC Executive and responding to correspondence and information requests to the YLCBC
· Assist the YLCBC VP Communications with updating the YLCBC Website, publishing a monthly newsletter, and administering a strong presence on social media
· Create and Maintain communication links with Young Liberal campus clubs and associations from across British Columbia
· Create and maintain off campus media contact lists
· Assist the YLCBC VP External with liaising with non-partisan youth and community organizations
· Assist the LPCBC with all required activities, events, special projects, riding development, and field organization
· Provide support to the LPCBC Executive Director and Director of Operations and Outreach, especially with regard to email blasts and related communications, membership engagement, fundraising, event planning, and database maintenance
· Provide administrative and organizational tasks pertaining to the Young Liberals of Canada in B.C. (YLCBC):
· Must be a member of the Liberal Party of Canada
· Must have proven communication skills, especially writing skills
· Computer experience, particularly word-processing, data-processing, and design software
· Must be willing to work unconventional hours
· Be familiar with the structure of the Liberal Party of Canada in BC
· Must be available to start August 1st, 2012
· Bilingualism is a definite asset
· Volunteer experience with other youth groups or political campaigns is an asset
This is a three-month contract position reporting to the Executive Director of the LPCBC. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and at least one letter of reference. Portfolios including samples of previous work will be considered as well.
Applications were due by Friday, June 15th 2012 at 5:00pm PST.